The next Poker Copilot update will have a “Pocket Pairs” leak detector.
Like all the leak detectors, the “Pocket Pairs” leak detector is based on the classic 2+2 post How to Use Poker Tracker. Instead of you having to manually work the Poker Copilot filters and analyse the results, the leak detectors do this for you.
I’m now trying to get it even higher. What I need now are links. Links, links, and more links. So if you have a blog or a poker site of your own, please consider adding a link to http://www.macpokersoftware.com/ – “Everything you need to know about playing poker on Mac OS X”.
Step 3: Register a domain name with Go Daddy for less than US$10 per year.
Step 4: In Finder, right-click on the web page, select “Dropbox” -> “Copy Public Link”
Step 5: Use Go Daddy’s Domain Manager to set “domain forwarding” to the public link of your Dropbox-hosted single-page website. Use “Domain forwarding with masking” so that people see the domain name in the browser’s address bar.
Step 6: Wait a while for the domain forwarding to kick in. Go make yourself a coffee. Check your email. See what’s happening on Facebook. It should take between ten minutes and an hour to show up.
Because you’ve got the “Mucked Cards” window open, perhaps.
A few people have asked this recently. The problem has been something I haven’t been able to reproduce. Until now, perhaps. When the Mucked Cards window is not open, Poker Copilot doesn’t bother updating its contents. With it IS open, then Poker Copilot regularly needs to update the window, which means more database work. It seems this particular database work becomes increasingly slow as your number of hands increases.
I’m investigating why this is the case. But for now, the simple solution is to close the “Mucked Cards” window until all your hands are loaded. If you do have this problem, please post in the comments whether this solves the problem.
And now for the techies: yep, the SQL is optimised and using two simple single-column indices/indexes. Yep, I’ve checked for full table scans, and nothing evil like that seems to be the cause. This might (but only might) be a regression caused by when I updated the H2 database engine.
Tomorrow, when I’m coffee-d up and alert, I’ll find a much faster way to get the mucked cards info out of the database.