The major improvements are “Zoom Poker” support (although not in the HUD yet), and the addition of the “unopened preflop raise” statistic. There are some bug fixes for obscure situations – thanks to people who dutifully send crash reports because they allow me to find and fix these problems.
PokerStars “Zoom Poker” hands now successfully imported, although the HUD doesn’t yet work with Zoom Poker.
New “Unopened preflop raise” statistic added. Thanks to loyal Poker Copilot customer Graham for helping me test this and locate problems.
Rake for Merge Network now calculated
Correctly recognise PokerStars GBP (pounds sterling) hands as real money instead of play money.
Work-around for known sporadic apple exception thrown when plugging in or unplugging external monitor. Hopefully this will not longer crash Poker Copilot.
Removed “Rake Paid” from “More” -> “Advanced” menu as it didn’t make sense being there, and caused a crash if used while charting.
Fix for problem reading GDPoker preferences. Poker Copilot was looking in the wrong place and always reporting that the preferences weren’t found.
Work-around to make exported Merge Network hands importable by Poker Copilot
Fixed crash caused by combining “last 10,000 hands” with “only players seen recently” on player summary
The Poker Copilot User Guide was horribly out of date. There is now a new PDF user guide, updated for Poker Copilot 3. You can download it from our support page. It is currently only available as a PDF. I’m hoping to get motivated to do the drudge work of converting it to HTML real soon now.
Unopened PFR is a measure of how often you raise preflop all the players before you either checked or folded.
I want to make this identical in calculation with Hold’em Manager. So a question for my customers who also have Windows and HEM: should the denominator be the number of hands you’ve played? Or the number of times you had an opportunity to make an unopened preflop raise? The latter seems more logical to me.
I like Google Analytics. I use it daily, and have done so for years. A week or so ago, Google Analytics received a nice user interface update. Graphs are better looking, and the site is easier to navigate. But one change disappoints me: line charts no longer start the y-axis at 0. Here’s a chart of Poker Copilot sales in recent weeks, produced by Google Analytics:
It looks like my sales last week were about 10 times higher than the week before. That’s not the case at all. This chart starts the y-axis at a value slightly lower than the smallest data point. I now find the chart misleading. My sales really don’t have so much variance from week to week. Poker Copilot is a mature product that has reasonably consistent sales.
There are cases where it is useful not to start the y-axis at 0. This is not one of them.
Instead of using a separate domain name for the russian version, I’ve used the main Poker Copilot website domain: http://pokercopilot.com/ru/. The reason for this is that getting a .ru domain name is complicated and expensive, especially if you are not operating directly in Russia. I’ll be interested to see if I get a Google PageRank benefit for this new website from using my long-establish Poker Copilot domain.
Sometimes I err. Like the current update, which I didn’t test with Mac OS X Leopard (10.5). And it turns out it doesn’t work on Leopard. For now, there is a work-around update of Poker Copilot 3.02 specifically for Leopard:
I’ve created a new “Recent Updates” web page that allows you to easily find and download older updates of Poker Copilot. This will help if a similar situation occurs in the future. You can then simply go back one version.