Mac Poker Software
A couple of weeks ago, I unexpectedly found myself in possession of a new domain name, http://macpokersoftware.com/. I think I put in a backorder for it about a year ago, then forgot all about it.
But what to do with this asset? In a friendly email conversation, Patrick McKenzie gave me a strategy for using the domain to attract focused web traffic: Optimise the heck out of the site with some content and links and let Google go do what Google does well.
The strategy goes something like this:
- Put a WordPress blog on the site.
- Put a discrete advertisement for Poker Copilot on the site.
- Write some pages of relevant content.
- Get the ball rolling with a couple of well-placed links.
- Wait a couple of weeks for the Google juice to start flowing.
- Gradually make the page promote Poker Copilot more aggressively.
Steps 1 through 3 are done. Step 4 will be done as soon as I click on the “Post New Blog Entry” button. 🙂
I hope to post an update here with the results of this experiment in a month or two.